This week we were in the mood for something festive and fun for breakfast, so we thought – why not try funfetti pancakes? It’s a simple and easy recipe to make together as a family. We’re also not opposed to having these for lunch or dinner – they’re that good!
To make these from scratch you’ll need some standard ingredients but the recipe can also be edited to incorporate pre-made pancake mix.
Prep time: 5 min Cooking time: 10 min
Yields: 16 pancakes Total time: 15 min
- 2 + 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 +1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- Make sure to have some butter for your griddle/pan!
- In a large mixing bowl, add and mix your dry ingredients first – the flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and salt. Mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your wet ingredients – the eggs, milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. For fluffy pancakes, briefly mix until blended but be careful not to over mix the batter. The consistency you are looking for is thick with some small lumps, these are totally fine.
- Using a silicone spatula, add the rainbow sprinkles, and begin folding them into the batter. Be careful not to stir, this may cause the sprinkles to bleed into the batter.
- Generously butter a pancake griddle. Place it on your stovetop and make sure it is at medium heat. Once the butter is melted and hot, ladle pancake batter onto your griddle. Allow the pancakes to cook undisturbed for approximately one minute. Total cooking time for both sides is 1 minute each (2 min total for 1 pancake).
- Make sure to adjust the heat accordingly and to butter the griddle in between pancakes.