If you haven’t already guessed – this week is all about an at home happy hour. Don’t worry we’ll still have our weekly wrap up on Friday! Instead of featuring a cocktail this week, I wanted to share a little bites recipe. This appetizer is really easy to assemble and tastes like pizza, according to my husband.
Often times I want to have girlfriends over for cocktails and snacks, but after a long day of working I’m not in the mood to put together a big ‘ol spread. I just want to enjoy a cocktail and chat with my girls. Bruschetta is the best solution for this feeling. You pretty much mix the ingredients in a bowl and let the ladies do all the work themselves!
This Hawaiian Bruschetta incorporates a little savory and sweet – the perfect balance. You’ll want to have a crusty baguette on hand ( did you know you can buy these from the bakery and freeze them! ). For a serving of 4 you’ll need 1 medium tomato finely diced, 1/4 cup of finely diced pineapple, 3 slices of bacon cooked and chopped, 1/4 cup finely diced red onion, and a splash of olive oil + balsamic vinegar. Girls, you got this!
Hawaiian Bruschetta Recipe
- 3 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- crusty bread loaf sliced
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine:chopped bacon, chopped red onion, chopped pineapple, tomato, splash of olive oil & balsamic vinegar
- Serve mixture on top of sliced crusty baguette
LEAVE A COMMENT