Alright, gals! It’s time for another installment of Put On Your Party Dress with our expert, Leah. Today, Leah is helping us pick out something sparkly and fun just in time for New Year’s Eve.
Put On Your Party Dress: New Year’s Eve Style
New Year’s Eve is synonymous with confetti, sparkles, and champagne. Plus it’s the perfect excuse to wear sequins all day and bring on the shimmer! Anyone can rock a sequined outfit with sophistication (and sass!) by adding some simple style touches.
Dress Functionally While Staying Festive
– Consider the weather (are the festivities inside or outside?) and incorporate your outwear into your outfit
– Blazers look sharp and chic over a dress, romper, or skirt and top combo
– Tights with boots allow you to showcase your legs while staying cozy. Plus they’re great for a party that changes locations throughout the night.
– Scarves add a layer of dimension and flair.
Don a Bold Lip Color
– Showcase your smacker and try a color you’ve been timid about
– Use a lip stick, pencil, or gloss that stays put so you don’t have to re-apply all night
– Provides a finished look to your make-up and an instant confidence boost
Load on the Gems and Jewels
– You can absolutely layer up your accessories!
– Choose either a necklace or earrings that pop for a major “wow-factor,” but not both or they will compete.
– Utilize bracelets and a cocktail ring with colors that play off of your major statement piece.
– Don’t be afraid to mix metals; Bronze, gold, and silver blend beautifully against black.
photography by Amalie Orrange
LEAVE A COMMENT