There are only two requirements for a dessert to be made in my house – it must be insanely good, and insanely easy 🤣. This upside down fruit tart easily fits the bill – just a few ingredients, uncomplicated prep and infinitely riffable makes this recipe a keeper. It’s fancy enough for a dinner party but simple enough for a, say, Monday night when you’ve had a reeeeally long day and just want to eat your feelings. Not that I would. And if I did I DEFINITELY wouldn’t eat three slices in a sitting.
I used frozen peach slices instead of the apricots and it worked beautifully, plus I subbed the pistachios for chopped pecans, because that’s what I had in my pantry.
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb. apricots (about 6), halved lengthwise, pits removed
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (one 14-oz. package or half of a 17.3-oz. package), thawed
- ¼ cup raw pistachios, finely chopped
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (for serving; optional)
For complete recipe and instructions, click here to visit Bon Appetit!