Okay so, yesterday I talked about setting up for a non traditional Valentine’s Day Recipe for brunch. Well, today I’m talking the sweet stuff. I’ve said this before, I’m not a huge sweets fan ( gasp, I know!) but, this recipe is awesome! It isn’t overly sweet and is easy on the eye. I took inspiration from Italy when planning this little ditty. I wanted something lemony, but not overpowering. I know you’ve had a lemon dessert before that just knocked your socks off because it was too tart or had that fluffy stuff on top, lol. Well, this is different. Create this fancy looking Valentine Day Recipe easily.
Valentine Day Recipe – Dessert
Valentine Day Recipe – Mini Lemon Creme Cakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 package lemon gelatin
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 powder sugar
- Raspberries to garnish
- Prep box cake according to box instructions. Divide batter among 4 9inch round pans Bake for 19 minutes.
- Mix lemon jello with 1 cup boiling water until dissolved. Let cool.
- In mixing bowl blend softened cream cheese, slowly adding the powdered sugar and whipping cream. Lastly mix in the cooled jello mixture.
- Spoon lemon cream mixture into pipping bag and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- While cream cheese and jello mixture is chilling, use cookie cutter and cut 4 pieces of cake from each round.
- Layer each piece, alternating cake and piped filling.
- Garnish with raspberries.